Saturday 11 January 2014

Lupita Nyong'o Shines At AFI Awards Luncheon

Lupita Nyong'o is undoubtedly Hollywood's it girl of the moment.  Revelling in the spotlight the awards for her are coming thick and fast and om Friday she hit up the AFI Awards Luncheon in a stunning Carolina Herrera blue & floral dress with blue suede Manolo Blahnik heels.

The event was held at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills  where 12 Years a Slave scooped awards.

Lupita spoke of her breakout role in the film saying she was a nervous wreck to even audition.
 
She told DuJour magazine: 'When I learned Steve McQueen was directing and Brad Pitt was producing, I thought, Well, this is huge.'I had no expectation of getting the role at all; it was just too out there for me to think I had a chance.'So I approached the audition like a rehearsal. It was my chance to have that role for 10 minutes, and I owned it. Then I got the part and the panic began.' 

Well now let the awards roll in. Lupita deserves all the recognition she is getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment