Sunday 12 January 2014

AAMITO ON TOP! UGANDA' S AAMITO STACIE LAGUM WINS SEASON 1 OF AFRICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

 Aamito Stacie Lagum has been crowned the first ever winner of Tyra Banks' television franchise Africa’s Next Top Model. The competion's season 1 has finally come to an end after nine weeks of fierce competions and lots of tears. Uganda’s Aamito Stacie proved unbeatable with comparisons already being drawn to well know African supermodels such as Alek Wek.

Supporters from Aamito's home Country watched the final showdown on live screenings from bars and at home as she beat 11 other contestants from 8 different countries including 3 contestants from Nigeria (Joyce, Omowunmi, and Opeyemi)  in the completion hosted by Victoria's Secrets angel and world reknown supermodel, Oluchi Orlandi.

Jozyz spoke to one well wisher who said, "Everyone here is so proud of her. She is a great ambassador to young girls and has show us that you can achieve your dreams if you work hard enough".



In an open letter to her supporters posted on the show's facebook page, Aamito wrote....
"I AM AFRICA'S FRIST EVER NEXT TOP MODEL!!!! This is a surreal moment in my life and career.
I would firstly like to thank God, for allowing this path in this journey that I have committedly begun. I would like to thank, super host Oluchi for having paid me any attention.
Josie Borain and Remi Adetiba, I will not disappoint you thank you all so much..
My family and friends we have done it! it coul...dnt have been possible without you all. thank you.
Africa but first ,my beautiful country Uganda who have put all their trust in me ,encouraged and supported me from day 1 ,thank you.
Beautiful Africa and even more beautiful people from around the world ,that have all shown me nothing but love ,I am extremely humbled and overwhelmed by the tremendous and mind blowing support you beauties have shown me over the past 10 weeks..
My fellow contestants, you were all great and together we have formed a sisterhood of ANTM Africa cycle1 cast.
All 11 of you taught me a lot and I definitely carry a part of each of you in me, I wish you all endless success.
To the ATMN team, thank you, thank you , thank you.
And there you have it, the throne is yours Uganda,lets together keep it shining bright.
faithfully yours,
Aamito".


 





Congratulations Aamito! You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment