Thursday 13 March 2014

MODEL SPOTLIGHT: ALEXSANDRAH - GE

I caught with buzzed about up and coming model Alexsandrah -Ge of GTM Models. The hardworking and striking South London based model is a Mother, Model, and Student and Till girl at Sports Direct.  I have met Alex at several industry events and she is usually working the runway and shows but she is always delightful and a ball to chat too backstage so when I heard she had a young baby too, I wanted to find out how she juggles motherhood,  University and modelling with her day job.

Where do you live and what do you love most about it?  

I live in Crystal Palace. I love the diversity of my area it has a range of different ethnicity’s, cultures and religion this means I have a wider range when it comes to take always.

Where do you live and what do you love most about it?

I live in Crystal Palace. I love the diversity of my area it has a range of different ethnicity’s, cultures and religion this means I have a wider range when it comes to take always :)

Have you always wanted to work in fashion?

I knew when I was younger I wanted to be famous I didn't know How I wanted to be famous but I knew I wanted to be recognised for doing something. it just happens that I was scouted by a big agency when I was younger and from that point on I wanted to be a model.

Tell me about what you do. What is a typical workday like?

My days vary if I'm not at a shoot or at a show I'm running from casting to casting as well as trying to juggle motherhood, university life and my job in sales at Sports Direct.

What are your favourite things about your job?

Your least favourite?

My favourite thing about modelling is meeting new people and walking down the runway. I've always said I'm always thankful for my girls …LOL. My least favourite thing is the way that black models are treated in the industry. It's like we are not good enough there's always an excuses were either too dark, you can't deal with our hair, you already have a black model (when they don't ) or something else like that.

Favorite Designer/Celebrity style?

I wouldn't say I have a favourite designer I like loads of different bits from different designers and collections. But i am all about supporting the new upcoming talent and I'm in LOVE with Marbelle Fashion by Mary Rozita. I wouldn't say I have a celebrity style I wear whatever I like, tomboyish gothic, black, gold, it varies.

What’s your biggest triumph?

Doing fashion scout for FAD. I finally got an on schedule show.

Best experience in the fashion industry?

Tessa Edwards SS13 for last years. LFW show the girls were amazingly lovely and definitely has to be the best experience ever.

Any future plans?

Just keep pushing myself to become more main stream and continue doing positive things to be the best I can be for myself and my baby girl.

Words of wisdom: What Advice would you give to someone who would like a career in the fashion industry?

Be true to yourself don't pretend to be someone you’re not. Don't be afraid to speak up (within reason) and remember you can always be replaced.
 


Contact:

Instagram: Alexsandrah_G

Twitter: AlexDModel

No comments:

Post a Comment