Sunday 24 April 2016

CONVERSATIONS WITH JOZY: SAMO KAGAATI

London-based promoter, Exposed Uganda Ent UK presents their first major event of the year Nva Kampala scheduled for the first May Bank Holiday weekend on 30th April 2016 at The Royal Regency Banqueting Hall in East London.  The music event will feature a line-up of young high-flying Ugandan artists including Winnie Nwangi, Apass, Nince Henry, Adam Mulwana, Samo Kagaati and Leah Habz. The hotly anticipated concert's promotion and publicity is being handled by JF Solutions marketing company and myself  ‘Lady Boss’ Jozy  will be hosting the night. Here I talked to Samo Kagaati one of Uganda's fastest rising artist making a name for himself and will be performing on the night so that my readers and London can get to know him a little bit better ahead of the show.

Background: I grew up in Rakai Kyotera and now live in Kampala, Uganda. You may know me from my hit song Mineral Water.


 

On his early days in music. I began my music journey at my village school and later joined a church. Music is my inspiration. I feel free whenever am recording a song and music if like food to my soul.  My music has a universal message and so I like to sing to people from all walks of life about real live issues.

NVA KAMPALA is my first international show. I was scouted by a local Ugandan promoter (I don't know if am allowed to say who) in December. I thought  it was a joke or a prank so I didn't tell anyone about it but it was true as later I was getting booked for a passport and visa. I am so happy I can’t believe I will be performing my music to a whole new audience in London. It is a dream come true.


Londoners can expect to be entertained. I sing and I dance and I plan to entertain. It’s what I do and so we are going to have a good time together.

Some of my hit songs include; Mineral water, Blue band ft Ziza Bafana, One day ft Yung MuloZaabu,  and Money. I am working on some special music this year so you will hopefully be the first to hear it Jozy.

I promote my music using social media like Facebook,  Radio and TV, YouTube,   I have had great support from  DJ DinTv and other Djs and am so grateful for their support.


I am not signed to any music label and management and so all the work is handled by Team Samo Kagaati at the moment. It is not easy but the struggle goes on. I just want to work but hopefully soon things will change.

Collaboraions are very important in a sense that you share the platform with someone you admire. So far I have collaborated with amazing artists such as  Ziza Bafana (Blueband, Bend Over ,Dance), Yung Mulo (one day), King Saha (Mummy and Daddy), Pallaso (Nyongera)  and more recently we have just shot the video with Gravity (Kyekyo).
Advice to those starting out in music. Work hard, be loyal to your team and avoid conflicts with fellow artists. Remember why you are doing this.

 
Catch Samo Kaagati at Nva Kampala Concert
Performing live alongside A Pass,Winnie Nwagi, Nince Henry, Adam Mulwana and Lea Habz
Hosted by Ladyboss and organised by Exposed Uganda
Royal Regency
High Street North
London E12 8TH




 

No comments:

Post a Comment